Thursday, February 24, 2011

This idle technology's going to kill me...

So, there I am. Creeping over 14st (89kg, for those of you born after 1966) for the first time. Limited exercise since the neck problem - not that I was a gym member before, but you know what I mean. All leading to lots of clothes not fitting, and those finely chiselled cheekbones disappearing behind chubby cheeks and jowls.

Got Nintendo Wii a couple of years ago, but a dislike of being spoken down to by a disembodied ...erm..speech bubble meant I twagged off using Wii Fit. Next move is to get Xbox Kinect and Kinect Sports, and I have to say. it's a great deal of fun, more involving, and a lot more intuitive for grown-ups and kids. Yes, I do realise I fit both descriptions, thanks.

What happens? I manage to tear a calf muscle whilst running 400 metres - whilst standing still - the ultimate degradation and humiliation for a middle-aged man. At least I'm not wearing lycra or motorcycle leathers though.

No comments:

Post a Comment